Leadership Development Program – A Strategic Need?
Leadership is very important for any business's sustained success. A great leader also makes a big difference to her or his business. Everyone will concur with these statements.
Leadership development programs rely upon a mix of cooperation (e.g. on subjects such as team building, communications), case studies, and class tasks (problem solving), and some inspirational talks by leading company leaders or management gurus.
Image Source: Google
The leadership development programs must be selected to develop leadership abilities that may be confirmed in operative conditions.
Organizations with a pipeline of good leaders have competitive benefits over other organizations, even those who have fantastic leaders only at the top. The competitive advantages are:
1. They (the organizations) can solve problems quickly and can recover from mistakes quickly.
2. They have exceptional horizontal communications. Matters (processes) move faster.
3. Their employees' (indirect) productivity is high. This is one of the toughest management challenges.
4. They're good at heeding to signals related to quality, client complaints, changes in market conditions, and client preferences. This leads to good and helpful bottom-up communication. Top leaders tend to have less amount of blind areas in these associations.
5. It is a lot easier to roll out applications for strategic change and also for improving business processes. Good bottom-up communications improve top-down communications too.
6. They are better at preventing catastrophic failures.